Re: Moving contrib and non-free of master.debian.org

On Wed, Jun 23, 1999 at 03:53:56AM -0700, Joseph Carter wrote:
[...]
> Foo Frontend ...  Well, how does a Tk frontend for xanim help you make a
> free replacement for xanim?

imho the point is different. Why we penalize a GPL software putting
into the hell of ``nonfree.debian.org'' ?

If we would take a sort of Dante's Comedy metaphor, we could compare
the main part of debian dist with the Dante paradise, the non-free
with the Dante inferno and the contrib with the purgatory, where there
is the certitude of paradise.

I think that we should consider if putting the contrib part
in the new ``nonfree.debian.org'' host.

please note that this is a literary metaphor and not a religious
metaphory.

Regards
Andrea
--