Re: Moving contrib and non-free of master.debian.org

On Tue, Jun 22, 1999 at 10:49:24PM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> Because [contrib is] useless without non-free.

This is untrue. There are items in contrib which do not depend on
items in Debian's non-free archive, but do instead depend on
externally available non-free items. Two obvious examples are:

1. installer/helpers for commercial or other non-free apps; and
2. free emulators that require ROM images for normal use.

I strongly object to any move of contrib. I formally oppose any voting
proposal to that effect (should this mean anything).

Giuliano.
ps sorry about the crosspost, why was it?