Re: Clamav 0.95 volatile with safebrowsing?

This one time, at band camp, Eric Wong said:
> Hi Debian people,
>
> May I ask if clamav 0.95 (volatile) will include Google safebrowsing? As
> "debian-volatile will only contain changes to stable programs that are
> necessary to keep them functional", I wonder if the safebrowsing will be
> removed altogether... We do businesses with China and there are so many
> zero-day viruses in China websites, safebrowsing will save me many, many
> hours to remove those http viruses.

The feature will certainly not be disabled in source, although it may
come disabled as a default for the configuration option in the debian
packages - this will need some discussion.  For the unstable packages,
we'll just be using the upstream default.

> And approximately when will the package appear in volatile?

We're giving it a few days in unstable for now - the milter rework in
this version is causing us a few packaging headaches.  Once we make sure
we're not going to unnecessarily break anything for people, we'll upload
to volatile.

Cheers,