Re: Latest updates on Clamav

Gavin Westwood wrote:
On 27/05/08 16:07, Robert Middleswarth wrote:
debian@roth.lu wrote:
The problem is there has been a version in etch-proposed-updates/volatile for over a month and it still is not out the door. The issue is why is .93 taking so long to get out. I has taken so long that upstream has .93.1rc1 out and .93 still isn't released to voilatile?

The maintainer appears to have released it to etch-volatile proper on the 20th of this month:

http://packages.qa.debian.org/c/clamav/news/20080520T173605Z.html

No idea why the delay though.

However, for some reason, this change still isn't reflected in the Packages listing...

Gavin

(debian.solutium.co.uk volatile mirror)

Hi.

This happened to me last year with freshclam/clamav 0.90.

http://lists.debian.org/debian-volatile/2007/04/msg00008.html

I don't know who fixed it in the end, but several days later,
IIRC, the server Packages/Release files were up-to-date.

If these two cases were a matter of doing a mirror/ftp update,
it would be nice to clarify this issue, so that it won't
happen a third time.

Cheers, Tobias.

P.S. I seem to use every pitfall to violate codeofconduct for
mailing lists... plz tell me privately, if I did it again...;)