Re: Why don't I get spam assassin upgrades?

This one time, at band camp, Jonathan Wilson said:

> I'm adventurous, but I'd like to know the specific nature of the breakage. Are
> you speaking of Debian-specific breakage, or generic SA breakage mentioned in
> the UPGRADE file:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/spamassassin/branches/3.1/UPGRADE
>
> Thanks for the help.

It's the latter, mostly.  There are config file differences, and the
plugin layout is quite different, and the package provides no automatic
upgrade path.  There are also quite a number of other changes 'under the
hood', so to speak, but I feel they were less important to the decision
to make it available under sloppy.