Re: Can't install / upgrade libclamav1

This one time, at band camp, IT-Support @ AStA TU Darmstadt said:

> But why the mirror I'm using (testing/etch: deb
> http://secure-testing.debian.net/debian-secure-testing
> etch/security-updates main contrib non-free)
> then is mentioned just with the volatile project on this page:
>
> http://www.clamav.net/binary.html

Because that page is designed for people running clamav on production
servers, which are generally speaking, running a stable distribution.
when you decide to run testing, you take a lot more work on for
yourself.

> I'm sorry, but this is confusing, so even if I'm using "secure-testing"
> for testing AND I DO SO,
> I just need a list where I can post my question and getting an answer
> from someone who understands my question and is able to answer it. Even
> if the one who's asking seem to be too "silly" ;-)

http://www.google.com/search?q=debian+secure+testing shows me a bunch of
relevant hits on the first page.  I would suggest starting there.

I'm not trying to be mean or condescending, so please don't take it that
way, but: if you're not ready to run testing (don't know how to fix the
inevitable breakage, don't have the resources to research problems) then
you should probably stick to stable.