Re: Making packages available be fore they are built on all archs

Hi Andreas,

On Sunday, 06 Nov 2005, you wrote:
> Hello,
> afaict dak for volatile is currently setup to install new packages
> quickly into the pool but only update Packages.gz once the package is
> built and uploaded on all archs.
>
> I got this assumption from clamav, 0.87.1-0volatile.2 is in the pool
> but not apt-get-able, because not yet listed in Packages.gz.
Yes, thats true. It's not listed in the Packages.gz of sarge, but of
sarge-proposed-updates.

> The same situation had happened with the previous update, so once I
> found the upload notice for clamav 0.84-2.sarge.5 (from the PTS) in my
> inbox I browsed volatile's pool. (Instead of building my own backport.)
>
> However mannually downloading with wget instead of using apt is
> cumbersome. How about changing the setup to not wait for all archs to
> be in sync?
I would suggest to be a bit more patient with us. Before we approve any
new upload of a package we usually to some kind of quality assurance.
This time Stephen changed IMHO a bit too much, so we are currently
discussing on IRC which changes to allow to go in and which not. I also
expect one more upload of clamav before approving it for sarge.

Greetings
Martin