Re: Why discover1-data is so old in Debian Sarge, while in unstable is up to date ?

I don't agree on the fact that one might be better of with eg. backports.org . Main reason is that using backports packages can bring you a real "dependency" hell, as often backports packages also assume that you use several other packages from them aswell. Good examples are Samba & Spamassassin. I tried using those packages in the past but ended up building that stuff from source, as the backports packages demanded to almost upgrade half of packages on Woody system. This is something that volatile could fix: as these packages should solely depend on the default versions (dependencies) of the packages that ship with Stable (Sarge)....

cheers,

Arno

Andreas Barth wrote:

* Eddy Petrisor (eddy.petrisor@gmail.com) [050608 21:03]: