Re: HDD long-term data storage with ensured integrity

On 4/2/24 14:57, David Christensen wrote:
AIUI neither LVM nor ext4 have data and metadata checksum and correction features.  But, it should be possible to achieve such by including dm-integrity (for checksumming) and some form of RAID (for correction) in the storage stack.  I need to explore that possibility further.

I have RTFM dm-integrity before and it is still experimental. I need something that is production ready:

https://manpages.debian.org/bookworm/cryptsetup-bin/cryptsetup.8.en.html

Authenticated disk encryption (EXPERIMENTAL)

David