Re: Filsystemkorruption i ext4?

On 2024-03-28 15:02, Hans wrote:
Am Donnerstag, 28. März 2024, 14:49:37 CET schrieb Jesper Dybdal:
Hello,

memtest86+ is for testing RAM, but do you not want to test ext4 filesystem?

Sorry - I should have left more of the previous mails quoted.  I have previously tested the RAID1 consistency (ok), fixed the file system (found 3 files with incorrect block count), and now also tested the RAM. And since it seems unlikely that it is a bug in ext4 (in Debian Bullseye), I don't quite understand how such an inconsistency can occur. Thanks for your response, Jesper
If so, I suggest to boot a live system like Knoppix or similar, then run your
test by using

e2fsck -y /dev/sda1

or wherever your filesystem resides.

Please pay attention: If you have encrypted filesystems, then first open the
encryption, do NOT mount the filesystem and then check it, for example:

cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/sda1 data1

then enter the password and now you can run

e2fsck -y /dev/mapper/data1

Note: the word "data1" is only an example, you can name it, whatever you want
like "space", "soap", "bullet", "henry" or whatever.

Hope this helps.

Best

Hans

[Sorry - I accidentally sent this too quickly in an incomplete state.
Second try here:]

On Wed, Mar 20, 2024, 11:28 AM Jesper Dybdal

<jd-debian-user@dybdal.dk> wrote:
    I think I'll let memtest86+ run overnight one of the coming nights.

    Unless it is simply a RAM error, then it is a bit scary...
I've now let memtest86+ run for 9 hours, during which it did 14 passes
of all its tests.  It found nothing wrong.