Re: Root password strength

> You don't need a threat model to understand why writing a password on a
> paper is generally a bad practice.
>
> But since you invest this much energy on defending a bad practice, I'll
> let you keep the trend alone.

I have written down key passwords which I keep in my wallet. To get my
wallet, you will have to shoot me dead (of course, you may very well be
an expert pickpocket adept in the arcane arts of diversion).

Anyhow, here in the Gallic regions where spring is busting out all over,
this password question isn't even remotely related to the problem
statement, as much of my personal data was revealed to unknown sources
by a medical professional who fell for a phishing technique (my French
SSN, name, DOB, and god know what else through no fault or foible of my
own fell into nefarious hands). As a source of futile comfort, I can share
my grief with nearly half of the French population.

In more recent news, Pole Emploi, (which now goes by the moniker of 'France
Travail'), suffered a similar a data breach.

The only real remedy is to unplug yourself entirely from the system
(Unibomber-style).

À bon entendeur, salut !