Re: Home UPS recommendations

Stefan Monnier composed on 2024-02-09 12:18 (UTC-0500):

>>> What other manufacturers could we buy UPSs from?

>> I have a Tripp-Lite sitting next to me here that replaced an APC and has
>> 2-1/2 times the capabiliity.  Been in service several weeks and so far I'm
>> pretty happy with it...

> Would they accept a warranty claim without having to run some
> proprietary software (diagnostic and/or OS)?

Do any of them require they be used only by computer owners? If you use one for
Linux and have an issue you expect would be covered by warranty, you might
consider withholding your application. Some people use them for home entertainment
centers and other electronic equipment that doesn't require Windows or MacOS. Just
make sure they don't hear you connected any fan, heater or other electric motor
bigger than the tiny ones propelling computer cooling fans.
--
Evolution as taught in public schools is, like religion,
	based on faith, not based on science.

Felix Miata