Re: Home UPS recommendations (Was Re: rsync --delete vs rsync --delete-after)

On Thu, 2024-02-08 at 15:29 +0000, Andy Smith wrote:
> [...]
> Someone on the apcupsd mailing list thinks I have a faulty UPS or
> battery and should get a replacement.
>
> APC refuses to proceed with a warranty claim because they don't
> support apcupsd or nut, only their own proprietary Powerchute. They
> won't proceed unless I can get Powerchute to show these events or a
> failed self-test.

That sucks.  I didn't know that they don't stand behind their
products, and it makes APC not recommendable any longer.

What other manufacturers could we buy UPSs from?

> [...]
> Having said that, I don't need to do a warranty claim. As it was
> only purchased a couple of weeks ago, consumer law allows me to
> return it to the seller as faulty whether they accept that or not,
> so I'll likely do that. It's just disappointing and a lot more
> hassle.

That seems like the best option.  You can then buy from a better
manufacturer which may avoid having trouble with APC later if there's
a problem.