Possible bug in radeon driver

Hello.
Excuse me for my broken English.
I don't know what exactly is cause of problem.
Old notebook eMachines d620 with radeon x1200, rs960m.
Driver works but no hardware acceleration.
Because of that some programs do not work properly.
For example, geeqie segfault, vlc crashed when opening file,
firefox crashing tabs etc.
If i disable radeon, all that programs works correctly with vesa driver but everything is slow.
I dunno how to fix that. Maybe solution is simple but i am out of options.
Have a nice day.