Re: Partitioning an SSD?

On Fri, 17 Feb 2023 23:09:15 -0600
David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:

> On Thu 16 Feb 2023 at 08:59:58 (+0100), Nicolas George wrote:
> > paulf@quillandmouse.com (12023-02-15):
> > > Here's why you would partition a drive. Reinstalling (which I end
> > > up having to do every time Debian comes out with a new version
> >
> > Debian is not Ubuntu, major upgrade do not break the system.
>
> Judging by what we read here, they do when inexperienced people
> try running testing or unstable for one reason or another.
> (NB I'm casting no aspertions on paulf.)
>
> Cheers,
> David.

OMG, I've been aspersed! ;-)

Actually, I probably don't need to reinstall on upgrades. I've been
using Debian for 20 years or so, and I've found there are sometimes
problems with upgrades. More importantly, over time I accumulate
packages which I don't need and which become cruft. Reinstalling zeroes
everything back to only the packages I really want, and I can guarantee
that things are now "clean".

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster