Re: xscreensaver fails to activate via "Preview" button or via "Blank after" setting

Celejar wrote:

> The logs show regular deactivate events like the following every 20
> seconds:
>
> ClientMessage DEACTIVATE: already inactive, resetting activity time
>
> I saw this:
>
> https://www.jwz.org/xscreensaver/faq.html#no-blank
>
> I guess I have to figure out what application is sending these messages?
> Firefox? I do tend to keep a lot of tabs open.

I recall seeing something several months ago about the Xfce power
manager fighting with xscreensaver, though I'm not able to find it right
now.  If you have the Xfce power manager configured to manage the
display, you could try disabling that.

mike