Re: CUPS - how to match autodetected printers to physical ones

On Thu 16 Feb 2023 at 12:52:37 -0800, Bob McGowan wrote:

[...]

> The point is that conversion to PDF results in a larger file than some might
> expect.
>
> And we don't know if the printer actually does understands PDF directly.  If
> it does not, it would attempt to print the entire contents of the file as
> plain text.  At least, this is how I understood the comment I was responding
> to.

I also saw Stefan Monnier's post in the the same way: sending
a file directly to a printer in a PDL it does not understand
usually results in pages of gibberish. Then I went off on a
tangent! Sorry. Thanks for bringing me back to the right view.

--
Brian