Upgrades of Debian and Ubuntu

On 16/02/2023 14:59, Nicolas George wrote:

Debian is not Ubuntu, major upgrade do not break the system.

Perhaps the issue is not Ubuntu per se, but e.g. number of 3rd-party repositories. Ubuntu users may be more frequently affected by suggestions to add a ppa repository. I have heard opinions about broken upgrades of ubuntu, but real reasons are unclear for me.

My experience is that without 3rd party repository upgrades works well enough. I faced some minor issues, but they were not a reason to reinstall.