ipv6 maybe has arrived.

This machine is on bullseye, and when I installed, I noted that networking worked over ipv4 but have noted jst now that responses to the ipv6 versions of both ping6 and traceroute6 have changed. ping6 and traceroute6 can now resolve yahoo.com's ipv6 address where previously the was no resolution.

But traceroute6 now says:
traceroute to yahoo.com (2001:4998:44:3507::8001), 30 hops max, 80 byte packets
connect: Network is unreachable

Given that the closest real dns is at my providers site, it would appear to indicate that my fwded dns requests for a valid ipv6 address for yahoo.com is now working.

My several machine home net is behind a dd-wrt install, NAT'ed so that any machine here has access to the net via the ipv4 address my router obtains from them. That legally is a dynamic address but hasn't changed in the decade and a half since I last switched isp's to one that just worked courtesy of cloning the mac from one router to its backup.

So now my question is, can I maintain the same level of security if I start using an ipv6 address in my router?

And if so, how do I maintain the NAT, & how would I do it? Or am I better off to not kick this sleeping dog called ipv6?

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis