Re: mkdir: cannot create directory ... : Invalid argument

On Sun 12 Feb 2023 at 21:04:35 (+0000), Albretch Mueller wrote:

>  I thought the problem related the encoding of characters of the URL
> from which I was that string, but it is not the case. So, the problem
> seems to relate to a dot as the last character of the name of a
> subdirectory on Windows NT filesystems mounted by fuseblk. Is that the
> case? I had never heard of such thing.

My goto page for this sort of thing is:

  https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/fileio/naming-a-file

which says:

 “Do not end a file or directory name with a space or a period.
  Although the underlying file system may support such names,
  the Windows shell and user interface does not. However, it is
  acceptable to specify a period as the first character of a name.
  For example, ".temp".”

Cheers,
David.