Re: WiFi firmware issue in Bookworm

On Fri, 10 Feb 2023 12:31:27 +0000
piorunz <piorunz@gmx.com> wrote:

> On 10/02/2023 04:29, Gary Dale wrote:
> > Thanks. That points then to a problem with the package.debian.org
> > page - it doesn't seem to search the new section. I found the
> > announcement when I searched for debian non-free firmware. Right
> > now if you don't know it exists, you can't find it.  🙁
>
> Bookworm is a testing distribution, it expects us to know things :)
> Once its stable, it will have everything explained in Release Notes.
>
> This is what you can put into sources.list to add new repository:
> main contrib non-free non-free-firmware
> Add it to every URL from debian.org you have enabled and using.
> non-free-firmware - this is where your firmware lives from now on in
> Bookworm.

All true. But none the less, Mr. Dale has found a problem with that
page. It will have to be corrected, sooner or later.

Apparently work on this is in train, and it will be fixed. See
https://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2023/01/msg00046.html and
https://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2023/02/msg00000.html et seq.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?