Re: SOLVED Re: Cannot rum multiple command on remote machine via SSH

Greg Wooledge (12023-02-06):
> On most Linux systems, including Debian, bash is built with a compile-time
> option that makes it try to determine whether it's a child of sshd.  If
> it believes itself to be that, it will source ~/.bashrc even though it's
> not an interactive shell.

Oh! My day of not using bash have certainly come to a middle.

Zsh is much saner: it has .zshenv for the initializations you always
want (and it is still good practice to use a test to not have them
override a temporary change) and .zshrc for interactive shells where you
can put things that will change the behavior, like aliases, and could
break scripts.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George