Re: OT: repair/replace cell in Li-ion battery?

Feb 5, 2023, 10:45 by yvan@masson-informatique.fr:

> I have a Dell Latitude e6220 with a 2 year 6600 mAh battery, which does not charge above 67% since a few weeks. It makes me think that 1/3 of the cells are in a bad state. However, upower says that the capacity is 95%, so remaining cells are probably still good.
>
> I don't know anything about battery, but I can do easy soldering. Is it worth the effort to try to save this battery, or not? What could be done?

Doubt you can repair the battery. Batteries degrade over time and need to be replaced with new ones, the old ones can be recycled (some electronic stores will accept batteries and other electronic waste for recycling, so check with the stores you have nearby).

If you laptop is still in good shape then buy a replacement battery and recycle the old one.

Regards,