Re: Cannot rum multiple command on remote machine via SSH

Ottavio Caruso <ottavio2006-usenet2012@yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> LAP1 is a Thinkpad that I use only at home as a poor man's desktop.
>
> LAP2 is a second Thinkpad that I use mainly outdoors, on which I run
> an SSH server to do some syncing every now and again.
>
> Both using latest Debian stable with similar sets of apps.
>
> At night, I want to connect to LAP2 and perform these commands:
>
> $ sudo tlp setcharge 90 95 BAT1 # resets battery settings for external
> battery
>
> $ hibernate.sh # a script that performs some housekeeping, puts laptop
> into hibernation and eventually disconnects sshd.
>
> From LAP1 I can issue:
>
> $ ssh LAP2 sudo tlp setcharge 90 95 BAT1 # it works
>
> or:
>
> $ ssh LAP2 hibernate.sh # it works too
>
> but either:
>
> $ ssh LAP2 "sudo tlp setcharge 90 95 BAT1 && hibernate.sh"
>
> or
>
> $ ssh LAP2 "sudo tlp setcharge 90 95 BAT1 ; hibernate.sh"
>
> return:
>
> hibernate.sh: command not found

your shell interpret this as two commands

1. run "sudo tlp setcharge 90 95 BAT1"
2. then run "hibernate.sh" (without sudo)

you can try
ssh LAP2 "sudo tlp setcharge 90 95 BAT1 ; sudo hibernate.sh"
or
ssh LAP2 "sudo sh -c 'tlp setcharge 90 95 BAT1 ; hibernate.sh'"

> Why?

KJ

--
http://wolnelektury.pl/wesprzyj/teraz/