Re: Syslog/Rsyslog/Systemctl issue

On Wed, 1 Feb 2023 13:26:58 +0100
Freyja <debian@sioban.net> wrote:

> For /run/systemd/journal/socket this is another story.
> The folder journal does not exist at all.

Well, that could be a problem. On one of my computers:

root@jhegaala:~# ll /run/systemd/journal/socket
srw-rw-rw- 1 root root 0 Jan 25 09:55 /run/systemd/journal/socket=
root@jhegaala:~# ll -d /run/systemd/journal/
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 200 Jan 25 09:55 /run/systemd/journal//
root@jhegaala:~#

You might try rebuilding the directory /run/systemd/journal/ with
appropriate permissions and manually restarting the relevant services.
(The services should rebuild the sockets for you.)

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com
https://charlescurley.com/blog/