Re: Mouse single click handling?

On 12/19/23 10:11, local10 wrote:
Hi,

I have several mice that went bad with the same defect: they sometimes generate two single clicks very quickly (say, within 10-20ms) instead of a single click.

With reference to the above, is there a way or setting to force several mouse clicks within a short period of time to be interpreted as a single mouse click?

Thanks
Thats in the mouse, caused by the switch not being solidly against the pcb its mounted to by solder so it flexes, eventually breaking the copper foil of the trace, so it issues a click as you push the button, but breaks contac as your fingeer pushes ion down, the makes the second contact as the switch comes back then the switch opens, creating two clicks for the motion of one. Sometimes you can lay a piece of wrapping wire around the switches pin, and extend it across the micro-crack after scraping off the green masking paint and rigging some sort of a clamp to hold the switch against the pcb solidly so it doesn't re-break your fix. Its a fiddly PITA. 30+ years ago I had to keep a pile of Amiga mice working at the tv station where I was the CE. The Amiga mouses motion encoders were unique as they were miniature quadrature encoders, much smoother and far more instant and accurate than any "pc" mouse even today, if you ever used one you will remember how easy it was to do precise work, and no one but Amiga (commode door) ever made replacements as it took an ultra fine 9 wire cable to talk to it. We stretched what we had well past their geriatric years fixing them as best I could. Today the spastic junk we can get at Wallies isn't made to be fixed, just toss it and get another $9 model. Problem solved, for a while.

Operating System: Debian GNU/Linux 12
KDE Plasma Version: 5.27.5  KDE Frameworks Version: 5.103.0  Qt Version: 5.15.8
Kernel Version: 6.1.0-15-amd64 (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11

.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.