Re: raid10 is killing me, and applications that aren't willing towaitfor it to respond

Greg Wooledge <greg@wooledge.org> writes:

> In Gene's case, the problem (long startup time of some applications) does
> not appear to be related to his disks, but rather, to something in the
> desktop environment or its underlying services.

But isn't it fairly easy to try another desktop environment to eliminate
this as a cause? Or has this already been done?

For the RAID stuff, I think Gene said earlier he could try putting his
home directory on an ordinary drive? To eliminate the RAID as a problem.