Re: raid10 is killing me, and applications that aren't willing towait for it to respond

gene heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> writes:

> Is this info helpful?

I don't know really. I was thinking about the file dialogs or requestors
and how they often try access previously used locations. For example,
I've learned not to download with Firefox to a network drive.

I don't know if Firefox is still like that but in the past, after
downloading to a network drive, Firefox wanted to put the next download
in the same place and if the network drive wasn't available, it just
froze indefinitely and only getting that network drive going would bring
it out of its coma.

So I was just thinking if your file dialogs try to access something that
isn't available it could cause this kind of delay but I don't know, it
doesn't seem to fit that well. Also if the issue happened with any
common app packaged in Debian, it might be easier to figure out what's
happening.