Re: raid10 is killing me, and applications that aren't willing towait for it to respond

Hello,

On Fri, Dec 15, 2023 at 12:00:00AM -0800, David Christensen wrote:
> On 12/14/23 18:36, gene heskett wrote:
> > Thunar, yes, but I don't use it, not my cup of tea.

[…]

> It sounds like OpenSCAD and gidislicer have something in common that is
> causing the issue, while the other apps do not have that something.  So, the
> challenge is finding the shared object files (dynamic linking) and/or the
> source files (static linking) that are present in the affected programs and
> not present in the unaffected programs.

I will add that the Thunar file manager was included in Gene's
"affected" list and I think Gene posted some logs before that showed
some dbus timeout.

I've no idea how to start debugging this but I feel like the problem
may exist somewhere in Gene's desktop environment and affect
things that call its file dialog.

Anyway, I think we can all agree at this point that this has got
nothing to do with RAID and mdadm. Though Gene said he has tried to
reinstall several times I think, with the same outcome, so it's not
something that's going to be avoided by another install otherwise I
might suggest that.

Thanks,
Andy