Re: Unattended Upgrades Ran Anyway.

On Sun, 10 Dec 2023 17:27:39 -0500
Greg Wooledge <greg@wooledge.org> wrote:

> > Thanks. I will disable as well.
>
> Disable *what*?  Disabling a .service unit which is triggered by a
> timer event isn't going to stop it from running.

Sorry. I had already stopped the apt-daily-upgrade.timer, which
triggers the unattended upgrade service. (The couldn't give them
similar names to act as a mnemonic?) This refers to disabling the
unattended upgrade service.

> *Masking* a .service would prevent it from running when requested by a
> timer event.
>
> Apart from that, you'd have to remove the timer event.  However you do
> that.  I've never used systemd timers yet.

I *think* that's got it. Now to be sure I remember all this when it
comes time to allow automatic upgrades again.

--
Does anybody read signatures any more?

https://charlescurley.com
https://charlescurley.com/blog/