Re: IMPORTANT: do NOT upgrade to new stable point release

On Sat, 9 Dec 2023 19:18:20 +0000
Michael Kjörling <2695bd53d63c@ewoof.net> wrote:

> On 9 Dec 2023 20:54 +0200, from alexis@nanoid.net (Alexis Grigoriou):
> > I just upgraded to Bookworm this morning. I did reboot a couple of
> > times but there seems to be no problem (yet). Is there anything I
> > should look for or do other than rebooting?
>
> If you upgraded this morning, then I would expect that you are okay
> for now.
>
> Per #5 in https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1057843
> the bug is present in kernel Debian package version 6.1.64-1. If you
> are on 6.1.55-1 (current Bookworm stable per last night) you _likely_
> aren't affected. If you are on 6.1.55-1 (or earlier), just hold off on
> upgrades for now; and if you need to upgrade something else, take
> great care for now to ensure that no Linux kernel packages get
> upgraded to any version < 6.1.66, and preferably not < 6.1.66-1.
>
> For versions, check:
>
> * uname -v
> * dpkg -l linux-image-\*
>
> In that bug report thread, #21 lists 6.1.66 as fixed upstream, and #28
> indicates that 6.1.66-1 includes the fix from upstream, and that it is
> being published.

It appears from the link in the bug report that 6.5.x kernels
(sid/trixie) are not affected. Does anyone know otherwise?

https://lore.kernel.org/stable/20231205122122.dfhhoaswsfscuhc3@quack3/

Is the bug likely to affect all architectures? I have a Pi bookworm
(armhf) on 6.1.63-1, with 6.1.58-1 also installed. I can probably roll
back to 6.1.54-1 if necessary.

--
Joe