Re: IMPORTANT: do NOT upgrade to new stable point release

On 9 Dec 2023 20:54 +0200, from alexis@nanoid.net (Alexis Grigoriou):
> I just upgraded to Bookworm this morning. I did reboot a couple of
> times but there seems to be no problem (yet). Is there anything I
> should look for or do other than rebooting?

If you upgraded this morning, then I would expect that you are okay
for now.

Per #5 in https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=1057843
the bug is present in kernel Debian package version 6.1.64-1. If you
are on 6.1.55-1 (current Bookworm stable per last night) you _likely_
aren't affected. If you are on 6.1.55-1 (or earlier), just hold off on
upgrades for now; and if you need to upgrade something else, take
great care for now to ensure that no Linux kernel packages get
upgraded to any version < 6.1.66, and preferably not < 6.1.66-1.

For versions, check:

* uname -v
* dpkg -l linux-image-\*

In that bug report thread, #21 lists 6.1.66 as fixed upstream, and #28
indicates that 6.1.66-1 includes the fix from upstream, and that it is
being published.

--
Michael Kjörling                     🔗 https://michael.kjorling.se
“Remember when, on the Internet, nobody cared that you were a dog?”