Re: Apt 2 not fully installed or removed.

On Sat, Dec 9, 2023 at 9:07 AM Andy Smith <andy@strugglers.net> wrote:
Hello,

On Sat, Dec 09, 2023 at 02:26:41AM -0500, Timothy M Butterworth wrote:
> I figured out the problem and apt is working fine now.

It would be nice for you to elaborate, both to satisfy my curiosity
😀 and to provide a search engine hit for anyone encountering this
in future.

Thanks,
Andy

Andy,

I deleted the files /var/lib/dpkg/info/php-horde.postrm and /var/lib/dpkg/info/libapache2-mod-fcgid.postinst. Then I did a sudo apt remove php-horde and sudo apt install libapache2-mod-fcgid.

I modified /etc/apache2/envvars setting /etc/default/locale and commented out export LANG=C. This was to make NextCloud work, with the required en_us-UTF8 character set. I am not sure why php-horde was getting stuck on it.

Tim

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org/