Re: Boot Problem

Stephen P. Molnar composed on 2023-12-05 13:33 (UTC-0500):

> I decided to try something. I logged in to the rescue  mode as root and
> entered startx at the prompt. This generated the error:

I believe if xserver-xorg-legacy is not installed that startx failure is expected.
I keep it installed on all mine, so I'm not sure what happens if it is not.

> Unable to contact settings server
> failed to execute child process "dbus-launch" (No such file or directory)

If you have not already, and have not already tried with a virgin user and reached
the same failure, while logged out of XFCE, delete all content of ~/.cache/, then
try logging in normally. This is known to occasionally succeed in Plasma, and
might apply to XFCE as well.
--
Evolution as taught in public schools is, like religion,
	based on faith, not based on science.

Felix Miata