Re: Isolated Web Co Session crash Firefox-ESR

On Wed, Dec 06, 2023 at 02:42:32AM +0800, jeremy ardley wrote:

[...]

> I have discovered a magic bullet for solving running out of memory
>
> sudo sync; sudo sh -c 'echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches'
>
> Sadly it looks like I'll need to do this daily,

See /etc/sysctl.conf and /etc/sysctl.conf.d if you want to make such things
persistent.

> simply for using Debian Bookworm with a variety of web browsers

You got that order of things backwards. It's the browsers eating your
memory. That's what they do.

Ad industry always comes up with ways to use up your resources.

Cheers