Re: How can I find packages manually installed using "dpkg -i"?

On 02/10/2023 17:05, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
Before you say:

$ apt list '?narrow(?installed, ?not(?origin(Debian)))'

The problem with that is there are packages that I added from the Linux Mint repos (not manually) and that I want to keep and they all have the tag "local". For example:

mintmenu/now 6.1.5 all [installed,local]
mintreport/now 1.3.5 all [installed,local]
mintsources/now 2.1.9 all [installed,local]

Apt does not store in its DB from which sources particular packages were installed. Filters are based on presence of packages in currently configured repositories. See apt-patterns(7) for various available options such as ~M for automatically installed packages. I would try

   apt list '~o!~M'

To get list of local manually installed packages. If the number of them is not high you may remove them and then run

    apt autoremove --purge

Notice that packages from non-standard repositories may break upgrade due to their dependencies.