Re: How can I find packages manually installed using "dpkg -i"?

On Mon, Oct 02, 2023 at 10:05:46AM +0000, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
> I want to upgrade Bullseye to Bookworm and I want to remove all packages
> that I installed manually, downloading the .debs
>  and then using "dpkg -i".

[...]

If you're lucky, /var/log/dpkg.log in combination with one or both of
/var/log/apt/history.log and/or /var/log/apt/term.log and some elbow
grease (or some creative scripting) might help.

> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
> Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
> A: Top-posting.

How true. However, people who need to understand this are most
likely to not read that far :-(

Cheers