Re: Debian will not boot any more, wrong UUID

Some other idea: As the kernel boots, but does not find the root-partition, I am stopping at the shell

(initramfs)

Is there anything I can do from this point?

I also see, that the kernel tries to find some "block" device, but i am not sure, what he actually does Kernel output is:

Begin: Running scripts/local-block  ... done

for about 10 times, then stops with:

Gave up waiting for file root file system device. Common problem:

- Boot args (cat/proc/cmdline)

- Check root-delay= (did the system wait long enough?)

- Missing modules (cat /proc/modules; ls /dev)

Alert: /dev/nvme0n1p6 not exist.. Dropping to a shell.

BusyBox v1.35.0 (Debian 1: 1.35.0-4+b3) built-in shell (ash)

Enter 'help` for a list of built in commands

(initramfs)

I looked at ls /dev/block and saw some 8:0 , 8:1 , 8:2 etc, but not sure, if these are my partitions.

Can I do more fron this shell?

Hans