Re: Little issue with kernel since version 6.x

Am Mittwoch, 13. September 2023, 11:47:11 CEST schrieb Marco:
Hi Marco,

yes, it is an old netbook. It has an Atom CPU from Intel, single core (with
hypertrheading two) and 2GB RAM.

But as it is small and has a long running time of about 8 hours, it is
perfectly usable for network analysis, fast configuration of routers and it can
still also boot Win7 (very seldom needed, only for DLAN configuration).

And it can boot from an SD.card (of course also USB-stick) where I can boot
about 20 live-systems from (mostly rescue systems like Trinity-Rescue-Kit,
Kali, GRML, Supergrubdisk, clonezilla and many more). It is one of my working
horses.

As I said: small, lightweight, cheap, long running time. The only
disadvantage: It is booting not very fast. However, speed is not much
important, I can suspend-to-ram or just wait a few minutes whilst preparing
other things.

And as it is i386, most Debian and other linuces are still i386 available, so
no need to throw it away. This is a thing I love in Debian: It is available
for so many architectures, even arm or arm64. This is so great!

Oops, long answer, sorry for my enthusiasm.

Best regards

Hans