Little issue with kernel since version 6.x

Hi folks,

on my EEEPC with i386 I am running into a little issue since kernels
version 6.X.

When I am booting, then the kernel starts as soon it is started, I get a blank
screen and the boot is hanging forever.

I have to reboot then, but the boot is not stable. It can happen, I have to
reboot several times (3 - 5 times), then the boot is going on and then
everything is working normal - until next boot.

After I added the kernel parm "edd=off" it was much much better, and this issue
appears only seldom. Mostly after second boot it is booting normal.

Thus I suppose it is related to the bios of the EEEPC.

Why I am writing this mail? Well, with kernel 5.X this issue NEVER appeared,
so I suppose, there was a change in kernel 6.X which might be now buggy.

I hope, some kernel develpers are reading here this, too,
and might be interested in this and might want to fix it in the next version.

On none of my 64-bit systems this issue appeared, however, none of them are
offering this "BIOS-RAM" the EEEPC does. And yes, it is deactivated in BIOS.

For testing purposes and emergency boot I still have a 5.X kernel installed,
where I can fall back, if it will not boot at all.

Please feel free to ask for more information. I will help, if I can.

Thanks for reading and best regards

Hans