Re: Emacsclient bug in sid

On 2023-09-04, Dominique Dumont wrote:

> On Friday, 1 September 2023 04:37:37 CEST Wang Yizhen wrote:
>>  Whenever I finished editing, I would delete the frame while keeping the
>> emacs running as daemon in the background. And next time when I wish to
>> edit anything, I would use the emacsclient command in the terminal.
>> `emacsclient -c -a ""` somehow does the work, but it occupies the terminal
>> until the new emacsclient frame is killed, and that is the reason why I
>> added the `-n` flag.
>
> An emacs daemon is now provided by default with sid:

It's also in bookworm:
# dlocate /usr/lib/systemd/user/emacs.service
emacs-common: /usr/lib/systemd/user/emacs.service
# dpkg -l emacs-common
ii  emacs-common   1:28.2+1-15  all          GNU Emacs editor's shared, architecture independent infrastructure

To start it during login you need to do:
systemctl --user enable emacs