Re: Emacsclient bug in sid

> > After upgraded to emacs 29.1+1-5, I found that the emacsclient
> > command is not working. More specifically, the following command
> > hangs emacs in daemon forever and no emacs frame pops up:
> >

> > ```
> >
> > emacsclient -c -a "" -n
> >
> > ```
>
> What exactly are you trying to do?
>
> The customary way to run emacs is to have it open on your desktop. Edit
> away. Leave it open so you can come back to it. You generally shouldn't
> have more than one emacs process per user.
>
> Having set up to use emacsclient, you (or more likely, programs
> you use such as a mail reader) can then call emacsclient so you can then
> edit files from that program in emacs. If you do it that way, you don't
> get (or need) an instance of emacs in daemon mode.
>
> https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Emacs-Server.html

Thanks for reply. Well, actually what I try to do is to keep an emacs daemon in the background. Whenever I finished editing, I would delete the frame while keeping the emacs running as daemon in the background. And next time when I wish to edit anything, I would use the emacsclient command in the terminal. `emacsclient -c -a ""` somehow does the work, but it occupies the terminal until the new emacsclient frame is killed, and that is the reason why I added the `-n` flag.

Best regards,

Yizhen