Re: Trojan

On Sun, 27 Aug 2023 11:20:37 +0100
Alain D D Williams <addw@phcomp.co.uk> wrote:

Hello Alain,

>Sorry if I came across as overly cynical.

You didn't.

The same can't be said for me, though.   ;-)

>It would be nice if they also went after the perps/crims behind
>phishing emails‡‡

Not the job of government.  Not directly, I mean.  They have agencies to
deal with that sort of thing.  Almost certainly undermanned and and
under funded.

Plus, of course, when the emails have origins outside the UK's sphere of
influence, there's not really a lot that can be done except trust on the
integrity of relevant authorities in, for example, Russia or Nigeria.

Yeah, well.  We can hope.

>Still: it is worth reporting to them, which I do several times/week.
>‡‡ and similar 'phone calls.

You're probably right.  It's axiomatic that there will be massive under
reporting of such emails.  I know I've never reported any.  Not that I
get many these days.  Last one was over a year ago.

--
 Regards  _       "Valid sig separator is {dash}{dash}{space}"
         / )      "The blindingly obvious is never immediately apparent"