Re: Thunderbird vs Claws Mail

On 8/15/23 19:20, Max Nikulin wrote:
On 15/08/2023 23:43, Peter Ehlert wrote:
I am a long time user of Thunderbird. No real complaints, but the GUI has been slowly been changed.

I think, Thunderbird will be upgraded to version 115 soon in Debian stable. Major changes of default UI have been announced.

We got 115 in Sid a couple days ago.

"lipstick on a pig" comes to mind

I have not tried it, so I can not say it is really more convenient or not. It is possible to switch to current UI style, but I am unsure if any bugs will be fixed.
there was a Zoom meeting hosted by the Thunderbird guys... I sat in and asked a couple questions... They were very clear that 115 is cosmetic only and does not address anything else. They did acknowledge the problem with the massive .msf file problem. they had no idea if/when that may be corrected
Just a warning for those who are sensitive to changes of UI. From my point of view traditional UI of Thunderbird may be improved, but I am unsure that particular issues are addressed in new UI.