Re: Thunderbird vs Claws Mail

On 19/8/23 21:49, Peter Ehlert wrote:

<snip>

Claws mail has an official users mailing list, which, I believe, is hosted and administered by the application developer, who also answers queries on the list.

Thunderbird email has no official users mailing list, but has two unofficial users mailing lists, hosted on groups.io, with a different priority for each mailing list, and, each of those lists, is run by volunteers, with no support on those lists, from Thunderbird or its developers.

Thunderbird developers, and, the Thunderbird organisation, have yet to adapt to using email (it is a bit like the oxymoron "military intelligence", as referenced by the character played by Danny de Vito in the movie of that name - Thunderbird developers and the Thunderbird organisation, have so little regard for email, that they do not provide official users mailing lists, for announcements, providing support, etc - some of the operating systems, on which email applications run, such as Debian, and Ubuntu, are far more adept at using email - the Thunderbird organisation, has yet to come to terms with the use of email).
I find the lack of a mailing list rather ironic.

I think that is rather a euphemistic way of putting it...

:)

It is a bit like
"What operating system do you use at home?"
MS Windows developers: "Linux, of course. Windows? You've got to be joking!"

..
Bret Busby
Armadale
West Australia