Re: Package policy?

On Tue, 08 Aug 2023 16:24:45 +0200
Hans <hans.ullrich@loop.de> wrote:

Hello Hans,

>I can only guess, the package maintainers removed it, because it did
>not work somewhow, but why then put it back again?

They didn't put it back.  It was never removed from Sid (things rarely
are)[1].  It was removed from Testing in Oct 2022 due to having
dependency issues (they can't be satisfied). Because of that removal,
the package isn't in the current Debian release - Bookworm.

See; https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/roger-router
Which has a pointer to the bug report;
The final line of the reply reads (in part)
  "This is going to be ... fun"
by which I assume they mean "A lot of work".

[1]  It's Sid - EXPECT breakage at some point.

--
 Regards  _       "Valid sig separator is {dash}{dash}{space}"
         / )      "The blindingly obvious is never immediately apparent"