Re: logging no longer standard?

On Tue, Aug 08, 2023 at 10:33:04AM -0400, gene heskett wrote:
> On 8/8/23 00:51, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

[...]

> > See, if you "do" AppImages you are multiplying your system's complexity.

[...]

> And that's sad, Tomas.  The current, nominally 7 day old AppImage of
> OpenSCAD can load and render a complex gfx design in seconds [...]

It may be, but that's how things are in life: you can chose between
solid, stable and tested *and* playing well with the rest of the
system -- or new & shiny, with the latest bells, whistles and the
occasional built in fireworks. The latter is called "bleeding edge"
for a reason.

Engineering tradeoffs and that.

[I skimmed the rest of your post but decided to leave it at that:
I can't deal with that many things at once]

Cheers