Re: Package policy?

On Tue, 2023-08-08 at 16:24 +0200, Hans wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> sometimes I do not understand, how debian is handling packages. Here is
> another weired case.
>
> Package roger-router: available in bullseye, NOT available in bookworm, but
> again available in sid???

Probably because it had a critical bug that did get fixed in time for
the Bookworm release so it was removed from Bookworm. It probably was
ever removed from sid, just Bookworm when it was 'testing'.

> I can only guess,

You don't have to guess, you can look at the package tracker...
https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/roger-router

>  the package maintainers removed it, because it did not work
> somewhow, but why then put it back again?

It's not been put back again, it's still not in 'testing' because it's
been broken for nearly a year. The package tracker shows it's history,
looks like one of the libraries it depends on isn't present in the
correct version.

--
Tixy