Migrating from hard drives to SSDs

I am thinking of changing my storage from two 1TB hard drives in a software RAID 1 configuration to two M.2 Nvme 1 TB SSDs. The two SSDs would be put into a software RAID 1 configuration. Currently each hard drive contains both the operating system and user data.

What steps would you recommend to achieve the above result and would those steps be the quickest way ?

One of the M.2 slots can operate at PCIe 4.0 and PCIe 3.0, while the other slot can only operate at PCIe 3.0. If they are to be in a RAID 1 array, I guess that both slots should be operated at PCIe 3.0 speed.