Re: digiKam dead, cannot import from camera

On Mon, Jun 26, 2023 at 02:07:45PM -0400, gene heskett wrote:
> On 6/26/23 13:45, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> > journalctl -f
> that got noisy, I turned on the plugged n camera for about 10 secs:
> Jun 26 14:03:41 coyote systemd[2283]: gvfs-gphoto2-volume-monitor.service:
> Failed with result 'exit-code'.

[...]

Yikes. Those gnomies do love complexity. I know why our ways parted
long ago.

You might try disabling gvfs-gphoto2-volume-monitor.service and see
what changes (possibly you can't access the camera at all, but who
knows).

In any case put pebbles along the way so you can find your way back.

Perhaps someone with more clue chimes in.

Me? I just tell the camera to present a file system, mount it (yes,
manually) on /mnt and do a rsync. It's so much easier than all this
ritual dances that it's not even funny.

Cheers